7/10/22/-05.07/-

All I ever wanted was a good day with no fights. Humans addicted to live in darkness rarely learn what to do to remain in the light. It's difficult to exist at some point.

I texted him an hour before meeting time that I cant make it, we planned it a week before to prevent any mishaps. He yelled at me over the phone, "I'm coming to your house!" I thought he was either coming to give me the things he bought to make my day better or to slap me. So I stopped him because he might cause a chaos and I might not be able to handle it. I insisted on meeting somewhere else. I was sure he'd slap me there. I went to the park and waited for him. When he arrived, he asked me to sit, in front of him. I was scared. The second he moved towards me, I got up and maintained a good distance. I looked behind and I saw him sitting down there on the bench I got up from. His intention was to sit beside me, but just because it has happened to me before, my mind assumed that he would do it again. I have forgiven, but I seem to not forget it.

This is trauma. Trauma is a disturbing experience that leaves you affected. It could be caused by anything that stresses you out to the extent that your mind stops working the way it used to. Most people in this world find it very difficult to accept and forget such an experience because it may have hurt their ego, self-respect, boundary or any feeling. You name it.

Learn to accept and be kind to yourself. This world will already treat you harshly, so at least you treat yourself better. You have to live with your mind forever, think about it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have been there. Have you, really?

Science Stream

Who are you?