Why do you feel this?

When you hold hands, do you experience something strange? Strange in the sense of something you can't describe. Is it normal for it to make you grin or give you "butterflies in your stomach"?

I was in front of him trying to cross the street that day when all of a sudden he grabbed my hand, moved forward, and asked me to walk with him. At that moment, I completely forgot that we were crossing a major road, forgot that there were so many people around us, I basically forgot everything. I was only aware that he was holding my hand. I kept staring at him, and we both experienced that breathtaking beauty together. We both grinned at each other.

Later, when we returned to reality, he had dropped the hand, we had to find a way across the enormous building to go to the mall. We walked on. When we had to whisper, we got to a point where our hands met and our fingers aligned. We curled our fingers around each other's without even thinking about it. At that point, we were both talking about the man who was walking in front of us. We continued to move forward while acting as if nothing had happened, but we both felt it again, and that was incredibly good. You're just strolling down the street, surrounded by people and things, and you're so engrossed in this hand-holding gesture that you don't give a damn about anything.

You see, this is what I'm asking you whether you experience something when you hold your partner's hand. If not, just hold their hand and observe whether doing so makes you feel content or joyful. If not, perhaps it's not your day or that person isn't your soul mate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have been there. Have you, really?

Science Stream

Who are you?