Why is this not a dream?

With Love
I live near an elderly couple who are continually telling me that their children were the only thing that kept their marriage together. I have witnessed them fighting and arguing, and I would have agreed with them if it weren't for their children. They must have split up a long time ago.

The part I don't get is that when one person is in agony, the other person feels that suffering as well and makes sure to relieve their other half; similarly, when one person needs assistance, the better half is prepared to provide the greatest care possible. Why do they care what the other half is going through if they don't love each other and are only staying for their children?

After all these years, either they haven't realised how crucial the other spouse is or they simply refuse to embrace the truth because they still remember their past transgressions. They have yet to discover the bond they truly share in their hearts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have been there. Have you, really?

Science Stream

Who are you?